/* */ Beulah Bee: Sunday Night at the Goodspeed

September 18, 2017

Sunday Night at the Goodspeed


I went to the theater last night. Or rather, I printed, cut-out and pasted together a theater last night. It took a few hours, it was something I always wanted to try and I was thoroughly entertained.

Perhaps you have also been intrigued by the vintage paper theaters posted on Pinterest and elsewhere? I came across a page for one section, then scrambled around to find the rest (a total of six pages) and I've put the links below if you'd also like to give it a go.







I printed the images on white lightweight cardstock but if I had to do it over again, I would use ivory to give it a more aged appearance. The instructions are printed on the pages and it was a bit like working a puzzle.  The only hard part was the fussy-cutting but that has never stopped me before.

I admire the person who designed this, the artwork is nice and I learned a few theater terms in the process. Do you know what a proscenium is?